Seniors Prepare for the Future

The Class of 2023 shares future plans, advice

Madison Taylor, Staff Writer

As the 2022-2023 school year comes to an end, this year’s seniors have been reflecting back on their accomplishments. Following graduation, most of the seniors have a plan for next school year. Out of 79 students in the senior class, 97.4% of them will be furthering their education by attending a postsecondary institution.
That majority percentage of the graduating class breaks down to 45.6% of seniors attending Angelo State University, 11.4% attending Texas A&M university, 13.9% attending Texas Tech University, 5.1% of students attending Howard College and 24% will be attending other postsecondary educational institutions. There are also members of the senior class who will be joining the military or entering the workforce after graduation. Several students will also continue an athletic career throughout college.
Current seniors have been sharing their plans and offering advice for next year’s seniors.
“I will be attending Texas A&M University and will be majoring in genetics to hopefully go pre-med,” senior Rheanna Klemnan said. “Academics are important, but when given the choice, always go out and enjoy the moment because the year goes by so fast.”
While reflecting back on their past accomplishments, the seniors are also thinking about their future plans. Multiple students plan to go into the work field in addition to pursuing a postsecondary education.
”I plan to attend college while also working a full time job this upcoming school year,” senior Tristan Moon said.
All of the students in this senior class have left a mark behind here at Wall High School.
“Getting involved in the community here at Wall was one of the best decisions I ever made,” senior Hadley Perkins said. “I encourage every student here to get involved because you will make some of the most unforgettable connections of your life.”